12-week intensive: “Up Your Game”
This spring I will be teaching a 12-week online seminar for trumpet players who want to up their game and take their playing to the next level. The ability to teach myself new concepts is the most valuable skill I’ve ever learned. We MUST strive to continually improve – it’s just what successful performing musicians do. “Up Your Game” will start YOU down that path.
Here’s the plan:
- February 8-May 7
- 12 Weekly lessons
- 12 Weekly studio classes
- Practice Partners
- “Practice-Window” coaching
- Roundtable Trumpet Talks
“Up your Game” will explore new ways to approach:
- Audition prep – study and prepare recent and upcoming audition lists
- Analyze an audition recording
- How to overcome nerves in auditions and other performances
- Preparation timeline
- Mental focus skills for peak performance
- Fundamentals Bootcamp
- Clarke, Arban, Schlossberg, Gekker, Arnold Jacobs, Shuebruk, and more
- Alexander Technique – A cornerstone for longevity playing the trumpet
- The physical demands of the trumpet
- Solo repertoire- Haydn, Hummel, Honegger, Tomasi
“Up Your Game” is for you, if you are…
- Determined to reach your potential
- Open to new ideas
- Ready to take your playing to the next level
- Excited to join a new community
Cost for participants $3,600
Cost for Auditors $500 (includes live access to all group sessions)
I’m ready to Up My Game – where do I start?
Book A Call With Me Here
What’s a practice window?
- Recording a video clip of your practice session for review and feedback to increase efficiency in your practice.
How does the practice partner system work?
- You and another participant will be paired to share progress and compare notes on weekly practice.
What is a “Roundtable Trumpet Talk”?
- It’s just a fancy way to describe chatting with you and guests about a career playing the trumpet.
Will the lessons be recorded?
- Yes – they are yours to download, watch, and save.
What if I miss a class? (only for participants)
- Classes will be recorded for download.
How do I apply?
- Book a call with me. We’ll talk and possibly do some playing. That’s it!
What is the age range?
What kind of tech do I need?
- Ability to connect to wifi with a bandwidth of at least 1.5 mbps. I recommend 5 Mbps or more. Ethernet connections are ideal but not required.
- External Microphone and headphones
- Ability to log in to Zoom for all sessions
How and when do I pay?
- Pay via Square: $1,000 deposit to secure your spot, balance due Jan. 25, 2021
How does scheduling work?
- Private lessons are scheduled at a time that works for you.
- Class times TBD
- If you need to miss a class, you will always have access to the recording.
Have more questions?
Book A Call With Me Here